Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I survived the surgery, and you won't believe how many tumors they removed from my body. [Video]


I got home from the hospital a few hours ago, and I've been sleeping off the last of the anesthesia. The surgery went really well. At least, that's what they tell me. I was in the operating room for right around 3 hours, and they removed a grand total of sixty seven tumors from all over my body. It looks like I got chewed up by a snaggle-toothed shark.


Now I have some valuable time to recuperate. I'm half tempted to play video games and watch movies the whole time. But this is also an opportunity to discover more potential in my life that's just too good to pass up. So I'll be balancing relaxation with writing.


If you're having trouble viewing this video, you can click here to watch it. 

Some of the time I'll be watching Netflix and playing Skyrim on my PS3. The rest of the time, I'll be researching and drafting a new ebook that I've just started writing. I'll be outlining my struggles with sex addiction, and outlining my process for overcoming it. I'm nervous about being so transparent with such a significant struggle, but it also seems to be the things that God is using most in my life. So I'm hoping this book well help me leverage my story to help other people.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and thoughts today. I feel fortunate to be doing so well after such an intrusive procedure.

Please join the conversation by leaving a comment below.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the surgery went well! Betadine is an anteseptic that they use on your skin before surgery to prevent infection, it's a lovely shade of orange! Don't worry, it'll wash off as soon as you can shower! Take it easy and have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. I'll look forward to that shower!

      Delete
  2. It was great to be by your side at the hospital, Tim, pray with the rest of the family, and see you come out of this with less pain than anticipated. To God be the glory! It's great to have you back, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back. Now I'm just looking forward to being back on my feet.

      Delete