Saturday, November 15, 2014

Don't let big moments slip through the cracks... also probably the worst harmonizing you've ever heard [Video]

"The truth is, you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."  - Eminem
In 2011, I graduated from Arizona Christian University with a degree in Music. Today I make my living by leading people in singing at church. There's just one problem, and this is not something I like to admit, I'm terrible at harmonizing. In fact, I do just about whatever I can to avoid it.

Photo courtesy of my beautiful wife Allison, who requires no recognition but deserves tons.
But just now, as I sat down to read a really great book, my 16 year old daughter plopped down next to me with her guitar and big bright puppy eyes. And I wasn't about to say no - even if I was scared.

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for any of us. So maybe today we should do more things that make us uncomfortable, or even scares us. Don't let those special moments slip through the cracks.

Since I'm not Alura's biological dad, I missed out on a lot of her life. For that reason it's easier to recognize those moments when they pop up with her.

On an unrelated note, my son Silas just pooped in my bed. So I'm going to go. I guess I'll get to that book another day. Enjoy the video!


So, how'd I do? Chime in in the comment section below.

Warmly,
Tim

4 comments: